Please Note: This article was for a project that has since finished. What is useful to note tho is how far the different renewable energy system prices have dropped since Sep 2008.
One of the best parts of this green journey I am on is the people I’ve met. We have a new joint effort between the Green Wedmore and the wonderful people at ‘Towards a Sustainable Shapwick (TASS)’. Together we are looking for people interested in installing Solar Electric, Solar Thermal, Biomass, Ground Source Heating or Wind power. With all the interested people gathered we are hoping to work with suppliers to earn bulk purchase discounts on the various equipment. The list and rough prices are below:
1. Biomass: Wood Pellet Gasification Boiler – £10,000 to £25,000 or Log Gasification Boiler – £5,000 to £25,000
2. Ground Source Heat Pumps: £12,000 upwards
3. Micro-Hydro Power: £15,000 upwards
4. Solar Photovoltaics: £4,000 to £8,000 for a panel of area 8m2 producing 1kw
5. Solar Thermal – Hot water: Installed – £3,500 to £4,500 or DIY Equipment purchase – £2,000 to £3,000
6. Wind Turbine: 5kW – £20,000 or 11kW – £38,000
If you wish to proceed with an installation and currently have the money to invest please let me know and I will endeavour to help all concerned. We need to know the following details:
- telephone number
- email address
- which system (or systems) you wish to install
- the date from when you would be ready for an installation
- whether you want an installated package or whether you wish to buy just the equipment and self install
- any other relevant information
Depending on the number of people interested Green Wedmore and TASS will endeavour to reduce the costs as much as possible through bulk purchasing. Please note though that individual circumstances can drastically affect the cost of some of these products.